Friday, May 18, 2012

A Short Video Tribute to Donna Summer, the "Queen of Disco" (1948 - 2012)

I heard Donna Summer passed away the other day.  As someone who goes back far enough to remember when disco was still big on the airwaves, upon hearing the news I quickly had two Donna Summer-related memories.  The first was from back just after Bad Girls was released and blew up in 1979.  My father, who never could resist a song that makes you boogie, bought a copy and brought it home.  It was a double LP, so after putting it on, he opened up the jacket to reveal a large centerfold picture of the glamorous Donna, which he propped up on top of the television set while we all disco-danced around the living room together. The second is much less nostalgic.  My wife and I saw The Full Monty back when we lived in Boston (yeah, the name of our blog actually means something), and ever since then, whenever I hear "Hot Stuff" I think of Gerald on the unemployment line.

Credit: mimivar83 (Daily Motion)

No comments:

Post a Comment