Thursday, October 20, 2011

Yaktoberfest 2011 Update: Kölsch bottled just in time; party this Saturday!


Yaktoberfest -- the little fundraising party my brewing colleagues and I are throwing -- is this Saturday.  Per my last report, I decided at the last second to brew a lighter beer, which turned out to be a Kölsch (more of a Springtime beer with roots in the Cologne area of Germany).  I figured if I started about 16 days prior to the party, I could get the beer into bottles with enough time to allow it to carbonate.  Tuesday was my deadline, but on Monday I still didn't have enough empty bottles.  Sheesh! Thankfully, co-host Steve, who kegs his beer, had some empty Topo Chico bottles and dropped them off early Tuesday night.  A few hours later, everything was bottled.


The Yaktoberfest glasses that Steve ordered have arrived.  The small tasting glasses look pretty sweet I think.


Saturday we go live.  Wish us luck, and may we fund many, many yaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment